How Can We Help?
Bold labels are required.
At The Bigney Law Firm in Orlando, Florida, our attorneys protect the rights of those charged with sex offenses and classified as sex offenders.
Contact our lawyers today to schedule a free consultation and learn about how we can help you.
If you are sentenced to a term as a sex offender, you not only have to abide by the standard conditions of probation, but you will have to follow the special conditions for sex offenders. According to the special terms, if you are a registered sex offender, you must:
- Maintain a mandatory curfew and be in your home between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Not live within 1,000 feet of a school, day care center, park or playground (if the victim was under the age of 18)
- Actively participate in and successfully complete a sex offender treatment program
- Have no contact with the victim
- Have no contact with children under 18 without court approval (if victim was under the age of 18)
- Not work or volunteer at any place where children regularly congregate (if victim was under the age of 18)
- Not view, own, possess or have access to any obscene, pornographic or sexually stimulating visual or auditory material
- Submit a specimen of blood or other approved biological specimen to be registered with the DNA databank
- Pay restitution to victim (if appropriate)
- Submit to warrantless search by the probation officer of your person, residence or vehicle
- Submit to a polygraph examination (lie detector test) at least once a year
- Maintain a driving log and prohibition from driving a motor vehicle alone without prior approval from the probation officer
- Prohibition from using a post office box without prior approval of the probation officer
- Submit to an HIV test (if there was sexual contact)
- Submit to electronic monitoring when deemed necessary (must be court ordered)
- Per the Lunsford Act for Sex Offenders, no accessing the Internet or other computer services
Feel free to contact us if you would like a more detailed explanation of the special conditions of sex offender.
Sex Offender Probation Violation? Do Not Wait to Contact Us.
Sex offender probation is extremely demanding and difficult. A conviction for violating sex offender probation will likely result in a lengthy prison sentence. With the stakes so high, it is extremely important to contact us as at 407-792-2923 as quickly as possible to discuss possible legal defenses to the violation(s).